Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Transitions

As I start fully moving into the home I've been sharing with the Airman I am struck by how much I've accumulated on 5 months. There are the normal things I accumulate: books, yarn, recipes torn from the pages of Real Simple, nail polish....Now I have the contents of 5 months worth of subscription box items to throw in their. Since my stay here has often felt temporary, I have never truly taken then time to organize. Now that I know what is here is only the beginning, I have to re-evaluate the way I live, with another person, in a physical space. This is a challenge for many reasons but the biggest being that the Airman and I have hugely different views on how to live. I won't go into specifics but sufficed to say that we both have to make some changes. I have to be (a lot) more organized and he had to learn that sometimes I'm not super organized. I'm hoping (especially since I have given up my house) that we can learn to really live together.

Tonight I'm cleaning the house. Scrubbing down the kitchen, putting my things away, organizing the bathroom ( I do sometimes miss Odenton where we each had out own bathroom), washing clothes, and throwing out my many empty boxes. Basically, I'm trying to help us have a good start to this new adventure. 

Thankfully there is Netflix (Star Trek TOS!!), a grassy Sauvignon Blanc, and a really effing good steak and arugula salad to get me through the night. 

I'm halfway there but here's a picture of my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment