Wednesday, July 27, 2011

We we we so excited. So excited. Part II

What? There's more? Yes! There is more!

My dear friend Justin Torres has a story out in this week's  New Yorker. I am beyond proud and excited for him. The story is exquisite. I had the pleasure and privilege of being one of Justin's classmates back in the good old day's (or something like that) in Iowa.

Seeing the success of my peers always makes me feel like I too can accomplish big literary things.

Justin also speaks about his work with Willing Davidson, a New Yorker fiction editor. You can read that here.

Lastly, Justin's first book We The Animals (I've read it. It's awesome!) will be out at the end of August. I recently had drinks with a Pulitzer Prize winning writer and we both agreed that "Justin Torres is going to go very, very, far."

No comments:

Post a Comment