Wednesday, July 27, 2011

We we we so excited. So excited. Part I

Admittedly, I've watched the Friday video one too many times. Don't worry, this has nothing to do with the video or the lack of a verb. It's all about the Hampden Writer's Workshop. Next week will be the very first planning meeting between my new partner and I and I can't wait to unveil who the writer signing on will be. I'm thinking two weeks from now, and you'll know!

In other writing related news I've been working on a draft of a story I wrote about two years ago. I recently submitted it to the Summer Literary Seminar contest and while I didn't win or place even, I received a very nice note from the Seminar's director about how much he liked the submission. Add to that a 5 day stay in Wellfleet where the story takes place, I'm feeling very close to the work and the characters and I think that in the next couple of days I will have a draft that I'm really proud of. Perhaps What the Bay Broke will find a home in 2011!

In novel writing news...Meh. I'm a little more than frustrated. After having made a significant amount of edits to the manuscript, the manuscript has gone missing. Frustrating isn't the right word. I'm ever so slightly devastated. I'm trying to get over it and start working again, but my momentum is off. Next week, I'll sit down with the edits I had the chance to transfer onto the computer and start again. I have a feeling that I won't have a completed draft at the end of August as I had hoped. End of 2011? Yes, please, maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment