Tuesday, October 19, 2010

What I'm reading and What I'm knitting

I'm taking a break from Oedipus and Macbeth.

In addition to the books I'm teaching. I've also been reading these gems:

1. Man in the Woods by Scott Spencer
2. Before You Suffocate Your Own Fool Self by Danielle Evans
3. Mentor by Tom Grimes

Each of these resonates with me for a variety of reasons.

I adore Scott Spencer. I was lucky enough to study with him for a semester. I just think he's the bees knees.

Danielle Evans' book has been on my "I want now" list for a long, long time and now that it's here, I'm taking my time to get through it. I'm three stories in and I think she's amazing. I can't wait to finish and I especially can't wait for her reading in DC next month.

Tom Grimes' book is, in a small way, a trip down memory lane. Iowa, the workshop, all the pressure and the emotions that come with being there. It's all in his book and it's so good that I've been carrying it around for days as though I were trying to recapture something of Iowa  or something of the writer I was when I was living in Iowa.

Knitting....I finished my fishnet socks and I knit a baby hat with owls!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment