Sunday, October 24, 2010

Revising

In the last few weeks I've written thousands of words. Sadly, they've not been fiction. It's letter writing season for college guidance counselors and that means I'm knee deep in writing about my counselees' achievements. This is all fine and good but I kind of miss writing fiction. I've been sneaking some in here and there, editing mostly. I tried to work on novel pages but nothing was coming. I don't know where it went but I feel like my drive to work on the book has diminished a great deal since I started teaching. The truth is, my work is draining. I wake up at 5 (okay, sometime between 5 and 6:30) in the morning and because I'm anal retentive in a way I never knew was possible, I review my lessons for the day.

I think about writing A LOT I just never get to do much of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment