Thursday, July 11, 2013

Summer Reading Update

Damn there are some good books out there right now. Since school ended I've done some serious devouring of books (I've also worked on my own book but more about that later) and I even joined a book club. I think in an earlier post I listed  the books I was planning to read this summer. 

I don't remember what those books are. Here is what I have read so far: 

Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. I loved every moment of this book (until the very end). 

Hold it Til it Hurts by T. Geronimo Johnson. I just finished this last night. Seriously, Nimo? Seriously? This book is awesome. I read it in two days and would not go to sleep without finishing it. Haunting and beautifully written. There were parts that made me cringe and parts that made me laugh and parts that made my heart race. Everyone needs to read this book. Today. Do it now. I'm not kidding. 

Then I also read not been able to finish The Tiger's Wife by Tea Obrecht. I will but....

Still left: Anna Karenina, The Brothers Karamazov, and A Visit from the Good Squad. I might go back and read The Night Circus since it was on the original list. 

I might not read any of them. I might read other things. But at least I'm reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment