Sunday, January 9, 2011

No More Resolutions: A Recipe

I didn't really make a respolution this year. I don't think I really made one last year either. I'm just making some small changes here and there so I can continue to make myself happier.

I generally cook pretty healthy food...although I do have a weakness for coconut milk based curries...Yum!

Tonight I made a "Pasta" all'inverno. Now, I'm not a huge fan of winter. In fact, it's my least favorite time of year. I love springtime and the dish I think of most when I think of my favorite season, is pasta primavera. Simple Italian fare but good.

Tonight I made my own little bit of springtime, only it's winter so I called it "pasta" all'inverno--winter pasta instead. So why the quotation marks around the pasta part? Well, I didn't use any pasta for this dish.

in order to make the dish healthier I took a couple of zucchini and sliced it lengthwise and super thin. An easy way to do this is to use a potato peeler and then slice those pieces so that they look like noodles.

You can also make real pasta (just less of it) and mix it with the zucchini "pasta".

I made my standard tomato sauce:

Olive oil, freah garlic, onion and then add the tomatoes--roughly chopped.
Add salt and pepper as needed.

When the tomatoes are nearly cooked down into a sauce, add the zucchini "pasta".
Earlier you should have tossed your peeled and deveined shrimp in some salt, pepper, and olive oil. Add the shrimp and cook until pink. I would have added basil but it's winter and all the basil at the market looked gross. I did add some spinach for that little extra green kick! .

Oh and I was in the mood for a little arrabbiata so I added in some crushed red chilli pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment