Friday, March 12, 2010

Today I....

bought books. I mean, I went on a book binge. Mostly to celebrate the fact that my tax return (completely by two 20 years olds at the Uni) was done incorrectly and when corrected it almost doubled!

Here's what I got:

The Vagrants by Yiyun Li (I saw her read from this book last year and she was awesome and the books sounded awesome)

The White Tiger by Aravind Adiga (this one has been on my list for a while)

Cutting For Stone by Abraham Verghese (been looking at this for a long time)

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Larsson Stieg (I read a long article about him and this trilogy in the NY Times, sounded interesting enough and it was the first time I saw three paperbacks on the buy two get one table)

The Gin Closet by Leslie Jamison (Went to her reading last week and it was great. I'm really looking forward to this read)

Irreplaceable by Stephen Lovely (Impulse buy but he's a local guy and I like to show my support)

The Seamstress by Frances des Pontes Peebles (okay, I already bought one in paperback but I gave it to my friend's mom. Clearly I liked it enough to want to own a copy. It's really, really, good.)

And, I got hair products!! Lot's of Pantene for curly-headed girls and some fancy organic stuff that I thought I'd try out (and it was buy one get one)

Okay. Now I need to go clean my house and maybe fine places to put these books. Its not like there's room on my shelf...

No comments:

Post a Comment