Saturday, March 20, 2010

February Lady Sweater and a book

One of the lovely things about knitting is that, when you can't find something to accompany your perfect outfit, you can make it. I have a job interview(s?) coming up and let's be honest people, I'm not really a suit wearing kind of lady (that's right,lady, not girl, I'm almost 30 people!). I have this vision of the perfect interview outfit: black knee length flared skirt, a simple white shirt and a cardigan with a cute pair of black flats. (can you see my color palette?)

Seems simple, right? Sadly, I'm having a hard time finding the perfect skirt. I'm either going to try and get my friend to make one for me or switch to pants. The shirt is probably in my closet somewhere. And the cardigan...well...I wear a black cardigan every day. It's starting to look a little rough. So I went through the Cascade 220 (Peruvian wool) wall at work and found a nice muted green yarn and made some plans to cast on the February Lady Sweater a pattern based on Elizabeth Zimmerman's February Baby Sweater. My friend Ann who made one last year, looked at my color choice, scrunched up her face and said, (in a voice that I swear sounded like my mother's when I tell her I don't mind being single) "I just wish you would wear more color."

After mulling it over for a couple of days, I decided to go with a nice heathery purple, which is a color I love and don't wear too much of. Hopefully, I get it done by April 1st or 2nd which will be just enough time to block it. Here's a picture of Ann's sweater. I jacked it from her Ravelry page.

No comments:

Post a Comment