Friday, January 30, 2015

Books! Glorious Books!

The truth is, I don't read as much as I would like to. I mean, I don't read for pleasure as much as I would like to. Even when I have the time to read, I don't. I knit (sometimes). I watch tv (too much really). I bake. January 2015 has been rather good to me as far as finding time to read is concerned. I finsished two books: Team Seven, by Marcus Burke and All the Light You Cannot See by Anthony Doerr. Both were so good I couldn't put them down. I started and finished the Doerr in one day, yesterday in fact. I took it with me on my train ride down to DC and between the round trip train ride (about two hours), and being home alone with the cat, I finished just before midnight.

It felt good to binge read rather than binge watch episodes of a television series.

Up next: A Tale for the Time Being  by Ruth Ozeki. A friend is moderating a discussion between her and Claire Vaye Watkins in a little over a week and both my student and grown folks books club are reading it for February and March respectively. 

No comments:

Post a Comment