Friday, January 9, 2015

2014 was kind of a big year for me.

I stopped blogging. (Though I'm not really sure why.)

I got engaged.

I found purpose through Writers in Baltimore Schools.

I knit an Elizabeth Zimmerman Pi Shawl. Really.

My short story, La Sepoltura was published by Amazon's weekly literary journal, Day One.

I started a reading series called FriendsLit and Porochista Khakpour and Julia Fierro were my first visitors.

I helped organize and lead a Write-In on Ferguson for high school and middle school students. Their poetry was published in both the Washington Post and at www.blackwordsmatter.org.

My friend circle expanded and now feels really, really, complete.

I took two road trips. The first to Iowa City, Iowa in March. The second was to St. Louis, MO in August.

La Sepoltura was anthologized by Day One Year One, Best New Stories and Poems 2014.

It was a pretty good year but I expect 2015 to be even better.






No comments:

Post a Comment