Friday, March 15, 2013

In Case You Were Wondering...

...What I've been doing since August, well here's the rundown you're dying for!

Cooking

The Airman likes to eat out. I like to stay in (stop the giggles, sometimes I do like to stay in). So the compromise (in my head) has been that I cook restaurant quality dishes at home!

Here's a list of some things I've made:

Lobster Mac and Cheese
Molten Chocolate Cake
Chicken Curry
Bacon Wrapped Scallops
Beef Borgiugnon
Coq au Vin
Garlic Shirimp with Couscous and Snow Peas

This is just 2013...I can't remember all the yummies from 2012

Knitting

Socks!
Scarves!
Fingerless gloves!
Hats!

Teaching

Fiction Writing to high school juniors and seniors
We read: Barry Hannah, Joan Didion, ZZ Packer, Tobias Wolff, Bret Anthony Johnston, Annie Dillard, Raymond Carver, Anne Lamott, Justin Torres, Joan Silber, Jeffery Eugenides, Russell Banks, Stuart Dybek, Chris Offutt, Edward P. Jones, Dorothy Allison, Joyce Carol Oates, Andre Dubus, Jamaica Kincaid, George Saunders, Denis Johnson, and Ann Rushton

Literature of the Middle East
We read: Midaq Alley by Naugib Mahfouz
We are reading: Woman at Point Zero by Nawal el-Saadawi
We will read: Selections from Tablet and Pen edited by Reza Aslan

I've also been teaching knitting classes at Lovelyarns here in Hampden, Baltimore!

What I've become obsessed with?

Nail Polish!

What I have become REALLY obsessed with?

Subscription boxes.

This may be a good reason as to why I'm always broke. But the Airman get so many packages in the mail! I wanted packages too. I really only subscribe regularly to PopSugar, Birchbox, and Ipsy. Yuzen is new to me and it's only quarterly so I don't feel quite as bad. I got a really cheap intro price for Glossybox so it's not likely I'll keep it after this first one. I've limited myself to $50 a month in boxes. Which is what I'd spend on going out for a night.

Note: I'm including links. If you subscribe through my links I might get some kind of credit. I apologize in advance for making you obsessed too...

PopSugar Must Have
Birchbox
 Ipsy MyGlam
Yuzen


What I've Read:

See above under teaching and tack on a whole lot of high school essays.
Also:
The Twelve Tribes of Hattie by Ayana Mathis
This is How You Lose Her by Junot Diaz
The Twelve by Justin Cronin
And I recently re-read The Septembers of Shiraz by Dalia Sofer.




No comments:

Post a Comment