Monday, December 13, 2010

Gifting

Every year since I started knitting I've sworn that I would get started early and knit all my holiday gifts. Evey year this has not happened. In fact, the only people who are likely to get hand knit anything are my sisters and grandfather (I have a 24 hour emergency fingerless glove recipe (yes I wrote recipe and yes I meant pattern...I'm multi-tasking, badly) and lots and lots of yarn).

Initially I thought I would just buy books for everyone, but then it occurred to me that maybe everyone doesn't want to read my favorite books (I was either going to give copies of The Four Agreement or Drinking Coffee Elsewhere, two very different but excellent books). But I have nine aunties and because I really like the idea of homemade gifts, I was really excited when a little lightbulb went off in my head.

This weekend, I'm going turn my kitchen into a laboratory. For my mother's sisters who like the suace ( i get it honestly) I'll be making fruit infused vodka! I'm thinking, pear, raspberry, and blackberry. And for my dad's sisters who don't really drink, I'll be making spice infused olive oil reminiscent of the kind they used to serve at Il Sapore back in the day.

Gifting success!

1 comment:

  1. My new obsession is French Press Slippers. I can make a pair in a night!

    ReplyDelete